Lakeland Adventure 8th - 10th May 2020
A guided and coached journey exploring lakes, islands and rivers while developing the skills and decision making to go on your own adventures. Includes two nights camping at a small, quiet lakeside site with showers. Canoe and camping equipment can be hired if needed. Suitable for people who are new to canoeing, and people who are building skills and confidence.
The Derwentwater Valley and Bassenthwaite Lake are rich in history and wildlife. It is a privilege to explore this ancient landscape by canoe. This is not intended to be a hardcore experience, but a relaxed and inspiring journey that will lead to more canoeing adventures.
We have developed this course to build knowledge and confidence We understand that everyone comes to canoeing with their own narratives and different levels of readiness. We aim to meet you where you are at, and support you to develop you in ways that are meaningful to you.
We have a unique, evidence based, occupation focused, and highly individualised approach. We see ourselves as ‘sense makers’, accompanying you on your adventure as you seek and create meaning through doing, being and becoming.
Lakeland Adventure proposed itinerary (subject to weather conditions!)
Day 1 - Derwentwater and the upper Derwent
- 10 am - Meet up at the launching point and prepare boats and kit for the journey.
- Run a shuttle to the camp site and then enjoy a day exploring the lake and developing personal skills.
- Arrive at camp and set up tents.
- Poling and lining.
- Camp craft and cooking.
Day 2 - Derwentwater
- Pack canoes and plan our journey of island hopping and personal skills development .
- Navigation and incident management.
- Safety and rescue.
- Return to camp for evening meal.
- Leave no trace ethics.
- Knotts and rafting.
Day 3 - River Derwent and Bassenthwaite Lake
- Plan our onwards journey down the river Derwent and down Bassenthwaite Lake.
- Sailing, rafting.
- Group management.
£160 for the weekend. Contact me for further details. Lizzie@lizzieharrington.com
or, call me on 07969 803646 for a chat.