What makes your river Flow?
A personalised, evidence based program of personal paddling development blending mentoring, weekend meets and expeditions to meet your needs, wants and interests. A full program of confirmed dates 2020 in to 2021 with Lizzie Harrington and Lina Patel.
- Live and breathe canoeing for a whole year - you get 6 weekends (or more) of adventure over a year or longer so you can participate at your own pace and convenience. You can add additional weekends to suit.
- Targeted, personalised coaching of white water and open water skills - we will get to know you well as your skills develop and your goals and intentions evolve.
- Campcraft, Bushcraft, navigation and Journeying skills - as experienced and qualified Bushcraft Instructors and Mountain Leaders we are well placed to support your development to more fully enjoy your canoe as means traditional wilderness journeying.
- Explore the country with like minded people - Network and participate in our community of paddlers. Not just on our weekends, but on your own adventures.
- Ongoing mentoring and support - we will be available via phone or messenger to offer mentoring, support and guidance throughout the program. You will also have the option of building a Personal Development Log Book in collaboration with the coaches. This will be a valuable exercise in it’s own right, and your record of achievement and development.
- Optional British Canoeing Qualifications and training accreditation. Canoeing doesn’t have to involve British Canoeing at all! However, if you want to formalise your experience, or gain qualifications we offer British Canoeing Canoe Personal Performance Awards and Leadership Training (up to and including Advanced Level). you can do this along the way. The only additional cost will be certification and registration fees.
How it works...
- This program is targeted and structured way to make the most of the time and money that you invest in your canoeing. Decide which six weekends suit your needs and interests. If you have any questions, contact Lizzie or Lina for an informal discussion. You can blend ‘progressive’, ‘advanced’ or ‘something different’ options if this better meets your needs. You can extend your journey by adding additional courses to suit your evolving development.
- We have confirmed dates in to 2021. Additional courses will be added as details are confirmed, and on an ad-hoc basis to meet the needs of participants.
- You will benefit from having your own canoe and equipment. However, it is possible to hire canoes and camping equipment if this is booked in advance. We have a small fleet of prospector type canoes suitable for both white water and open water.
Contact Lizzie or Lina for an informal discussion about the programme, or contact Lizzie for a course handbook and program of events. Lizzie@lizzieharrington.com Linacanoe@btinternet.com